How to print bitmap to screen?

Please use this Board for QBasic related requests ( file research, programming, etc.)

Moderators:Administrator, Global Moderator

Zero Cool
How to print bitmap to screen?

Post by Zero Cool » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:14 am

Hello all,

Thanks for taking the time to visit this thread. I just got into quick basic programming and as my first project I thought it would be cool to make a small encyclopedia type program that has basic information about the creatures found in a DND campaign that my friends and I are currently grinding through. We're all new to this game do our DM has to look up a lot of stuff such as health, initiative, speed etc... and this makes for very long sessions. I would like the encyclopedia to be somewhat graphical showing small images of the creatures being searched to the right and the accompanying text to the left. This brings me to:

MY skill testing QUESTION = How do I print the images to a location on the screen from .BMP files on the HDD?

Thanks in advance to everyone!

P.S.

I have Direct Quick Basic library 1.7.1 installed and the only function that I found that might deal with bitmap loading to screen is DQBloadImage, but every time I try to call it, it returns "Duplicate Definition". What's wrong?

Also my version of Quick Basic is 4.5 running in Compaq DOS 5.0 on a i486DX2 based computer /w 8mb ram :D