Please use this Board for QBasic related requests ( file research, programming, etc.)

Moderators:Administrator, Global Moderator

Bert

Post by Bert » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:34 am

I'm a newbie to the board and was wondering where I could find out what some of the abbreviations mean. I stumbled onto &quot to mean quotation mark, but havent deciphered &lt, &gt, &nbsp. I'm sure there are others as well. By the way, I'm using an old computer with a home made interface and power control unit to control Christmas lights. I needed a simple timer which would allow me to time to 0.1 seconds. You've been quite a bit of help.

Thank you

Buff

Post by Buff » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:54 am

These are html codes and you can get a tutorial from the internet that
shows these.

< is the less than <
> is the greater than >
&nbsp; is a space

I hope these show up correctly

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:55 pm

Buff wrote:These are html codes and you can get a tutorial from the internet that
shows these.

< is the less than <
> is the greater than >
&nbsp; is a space

I hope these show up correctly
Hmm, seems as maybe you would know why so many people use html code in their QuickBASIC code insertions, only to have the html code appear as written, making the QuickBASIC code very difficult to understand and, if copied to QuickBASIC, impossible to run without doing extensive cleanup.

Maybe you can even get some moderator to look into this.

Maybe a simple message at the top of the posting window, to the effect of, say, "PLEASE do NOT use HTML code in your QuickBASIC code when posting here. Thank you." Or, "PLEASE do a preview of your posting, to ensure that all characters are visible. Thank you." Or some such message, just might help correct this problem?