need more help

Please use this Board for QBasic related requests ( file research, programming, etc.)

Moderators:Administrator, Global Moderator

need more help

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 15, 2003 11:35 pm

Well thank you everyone for your help
A program I got from someone wasn’t exactly what I want but
It is a good start for me. The program used the LINE INPUT statement.
Using this u can’t go back and edit previous lines. I think what I am going
to do is. DIM pg1(1000) and create a new array for each page pg.2,pg3 exc.
Then using the INKEY$ statement I will put a value to each variable in the array
Based on the cursor location. variable 1 is for the first character var. 2 for 2nd character
And so on. Backspace will look kind of like this
CCL = 1,5       ' cursor location
Key$ = INKEY$
IF (LCASE$(key$) = backspace   ‘what is ASCII for backspace?
THEN pg.1( CCL-1) = “ “       ‘a null value is given to the variable
If current cursor location is 1,5 then it would be in the place of the 5th var.
-1 puts u @ 4th var. then you can enter that as a null value
but the # 5 variable did not get changed this can be changed with a little
more work moving #5 to #4 and being able to insert between text and all the other functions will have to be labeled to change  different variables to what you want printed
After each INKEY$ there is a loop that prints all the variables  a problem is after a key is pressed the screen blinks anyone know what I could do about this
I also need the characters for all the function keys dose any one know where I can get that? I think I can figure it out on my own but I want a cursor that moves with the arrow keys with in set coordinates that is always there and returns an x,y value based on its current location.
I am appreciating every ones help If you would like me to send you a copy when this
Project is finished  my email address is dashizit27@hotmail.com  THANX Shawn

P.S. I am still looking for a list of the statements that qbasic by example is missing