QB 4.5 install

Please use this Board for QBasic related requests ( file research, programming, etc.)

Moderators:Administrator, Global Moderator

zeroone
QB 4.5 install

Post by zeroone » Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:20 pm

I don't understand. I installed qb 4.5 on a Win98 machine before with no problems, now on my Win2k laptop, the .zip file is in two folders "Disk 1" and "Disk 2". When I perform the install, it asks for me to put two floppy disks in to run qb. Is there a way to install it on the C:\ or did I get a funky dl?
Working on the first ever fully functional QBOS

Re: QB 4.5 install

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:45 am

If you still have it on w win98 machine, I would think you
could zip it up with the sub-folders and email it then
get it on your laptop and unzip it in a folder named the
same like QB45.

I doesn't have to be registered. (in the registry)

TinSoldier

Post by TinSoldier » Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:20 am

The same here, iv had QB 4.5 for a few years now and have moved many times from PC to PC and hard drive to hard drive and directory to directory in a zipped up file, it always works for me after unzipping it

PS My current QB4.5 zip file is 39 megs.

zeroone

Post by zeroone » Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:56 pm

No, I deleted it off the Win98 machine. Any other ideas?
Working on the first ever fully functional QBOS

Valerie

qb 4.5

Post by Valerie » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:02 am

Why not download it again?? See Compilers on the left pane

V...

jakykong

Post by jakykong » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:24 am

there are 2 or three disks to the install of qbasic 4.5. Generally, people will simpy send you the already installed files, but i have a copy much like that also. It is actually quite simple, Copy the contents of disk1 to a floppy, and the contents of disk2 to another floppy, insert the disk with disk1 on it, run SETUP and when it asks for disk 1 or disk 2 you have them.

RalphA

Post by RalphA » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:29 pm

TinSoldier wrote:The same here, iv had QB 4.5 for a few years now and have moved many times from PC to PC and hard drive to hard drive and directory to directory in a zipped up file, it always works for me after unzipping it

PS My current QB4.5 zip file is 39 megs.
Well, I have my original QuickBASIC 5 1/4" floppy disks copied unto a 3 1/2" disk. Actually, I have all the files copied, of which I see 16 files, and the total reported is 1.25MB.

I have copied these files into a directory I call QuickBASIC, and made a shortcut to QB.exe. Everything seems to run fine for me, except now, with Windows XP, in which I am experimenting some difficulties with the SCREEN command.

Comments?

Ralph