Robotics

Coding and scripting with FreeBasic, C++, JavaScript etc.

Moderators:Administrator, Global Moderator

Robotics

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:53 pm

8)I'm starting a robotics-type club (where you make a robot) and program it with QBasic.  If I get enough people I will create a site and board, yahoo club ect. that will help you make your own robot and r/c cars.  If anyone is interested reply to this message or email me at languages@psend.com  Thanks!

Dr_Davenstein
QBasic God

Re: Robotics

Post by Dr_Davenstein » Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:23 am

Do you mean a "real" robot? -OR a 3D model. Whatever it is it does sound cool. ;D
Come check out [url=http://www.freebasic.net/forum/index.php]FreeBASIC[/url]. The syntax is based on QuickBasic, but it expands to use pointers, operator overloading, etc... The list goes on and on!

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:09 pm

Yeah, a real metal robot.  I think it would be cool to take QBasic to the next level.  ;)

Dr_Davenstein
QBasic God

Post by Dr_Davenstein » Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:35 am

I hear that QB is still used for industrial applications. You might even be able to find a specialized adapter/card for something like that.
Come check out [url=http://www.freebasic.net/forum/index.php]FreeBASIC[/url]. The syntax is based on QuickBasic, but it expands to use pointers, operator overloading, etc... The list goes on and on!

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:50 am

I a 7th grader and we have a enrichment class at school where we make Lego robots and we porgram it with  Robo Lab software. Instead of typing traditional statemnts you arrange little icons in right order.
And by the way I'm learning QBasic programing.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:58 am

The Lego robots are called Lego Mindstorms.  I've seen some water plants to play pianos,
Imagine that! :o