I have a couple QB coding q's

Please use this Board for QBasic related requests ( file research, programming, etc.)

Moderators:Administrator, Global Moderator

l33tsk8er87
I have a couple QB coding q's

Post by l33tsk8er87 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:35 am

Hi, How can i eliminate the 'Press any key to continue' message at the bottom of the screen (when i go to run the program). and for the second question: How can i make a grey background and make a red box fill up the entire screen? on screen 1 mode? I've tried making this work but I only can get a couple of light colors =/ . Any help appreciated.

Buff

Post by Buff » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:50 am

For the first question
Try putting SYSTEM at the point where the program ends.
Then use
QBASIC /RUN programname.bas

from the command prompt in the qbasic directory.

I'll let someone else answer the screen 1 questions.
for GRAY.

Dr_Davenstein
QBasic God

Post by Dr_Davenstein » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:32 am

Hmmm.... I've never used SCREEN 1 for anything. Have you tried SCREEN 13? It has the same resolution, but with 256 colors. To me, it's a much better choice.

l33tsk8er87

n/a

Post by l33tsk8er87 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:44 am

i use windows xp and qb 7.1. I went to cmd and typed in the qbasic /run programname.bas from the directory and it would take it. And For screen 13, i tried and it wouldnt take in that one either =/

Dr_Davenstein
QBasic God

Post by Dr_Davenstein » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:23 am

Do you mean your running everything from the command line? I'm not really sure what's wrong because QB7.1 supports Screen 13. :?

Can we see the code you tried?

Buff

Post by Buff » Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:00 am

It's possible that changing screen mode from 1 to 13 could cause problems. I have seen it before.

Without knowing exactly what happens and no code to check it's impossible to give a response that will be 100% satisfactory.

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:14 pm

I created a compiled QuickBASIC 4.5 program that uses Screen 13 to create a curve. It ran fine, until my old computer, running on Windows 98, and I bought a new one with Windows XP. Now, my program crashes! I had to learn how to do it in Visual Basic Version 6.0, which Microsoft (read Windows XP) still "supports", that is, Windows XP still has the necessary functions and what-nots to allow VB 6.0 to "do its thing", but, alas, not my old, faithful QB 4.5!

RalphA

QuickBASIC 4.5 and Windows XP

Post by RalphA » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:02 pm

I have just started a thread with the subject name. Just in case it gets missed, here is the essence.

If I run a QuickBASIC program in Windows XP, it runs. However, if it has the SCREEN command, no matter what valid SCREEN number, it runs, shows the graphic results, and, after a few seconds, it gets minimized!

The question is, if there is a definite fix to this, will someone please post it?

Thank you for any help :P

RalphA