Path file/access error

Please use this Board for QBasic related requests ( file research, programming, etc.)

Moderators:Administrator, Global Moderator

Prometheus
Path file/access error

Post by Prometheus » Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:42 pm

Hi,

When I save a file in Quickbasic, it says "path file\access error".
And i dont know what to do, i never had this before and i have n't done something special.

Thanks,

Prometheus

Ralph
QBasic God

Post by Ralph » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:38 pm

Prometheus, I don't know what may be causing your error message, but, thinking about the logic of the programmer(s) behind QuickBASIC, I would suppose that some probable causes could be:

1. Somewhere in the computer's active memory (not the hard drive, which is called storage), one or more bits of information has changed, for one of many possible reasons. The cure is to close down your computer, wait a few seconds for all capacitors to discharge, and start it up again.

2. Doing a Save As, a misspelled word was entered in the path name.

3. Before saving, your path was altered in some manner, either unintentionally by you (remote possibility), or maliciously by others or by a virus.

4. Either QuickBASIC or your operating system (Windows or DOS) has one of its files corrupted. The cure for this would be, if it's QB-related, to uninstall QuickBASIC (maybe Office, if that is what you are using) totally, then reinstall it. Likewise if it were opeating system-related.

That's about all I can think of, at this time.

Let us know, if you manage to solve your problem, what you discovered and how you solved the problem, so we may all learn! Thank you, :D
Ralph. Running QuickBASIC Version 4.5, Windows XP Home Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 2, and HP LaserJet 4L printer.

Buff

Post by Buff » Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:02 am

Try using Save As and designate the actual path and program name before saving it.

Prometheus

RE

Post by Prometheus » Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:32 am

Thanks, I will try them.
I hope i dont have to install my OS again... Windows XP installing is a nightmare...

Ralph
QBasic God

Post by Ralph » Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:24 pm

One more thing, Prometheus, I, also, am running under Windows XP Home Edition, and I have had problems running QuickBASIC programs that use the SCREEN command and graphics commands, such as DRAW, LINE and CIRCLE. These problems have been overcome by first running a program called DOSBox, then running QuickBASIC, then the .bas file, or, running DOSBox and the .exe file.

LPRINT either is totally ignored, or reports "Device unavailable bla, bla."
Ralph. Running QuickBASIC Version 4.5, Windows XP Home Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 2, and HP LaserJet 4L printer.