sweet sweet music

Please use this Board for QBasic related requests ( file research, programming, etc.)

Moderators:Administrator, Global Moderator

Dr_Davenstein
QBasic God

Post by Dr_Davenstein » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:22 am

Dr_Davenstein wrote:You need to include QBX.BI. At the top of your program, type exactly this:

Code: Select all

'$INCLUDE:'QBX.BI'
If it can't find the file, you need to set your paths.

In QB, goto Options/Set Paths:

In the Include Files field, type in the directory where QBX.BI is located.

In the Library Files field, type in the directory where QBX.QLB is located.

Then you have to start QB with the library loaded. To me, the easiest way to do it is to create a shortcut to QB on the desktop.

Right click on the shortcut, then manually add the library name... like this:

Code: Select all

C:\QBX\QBX.exe /L QBX
From now on, when you start QB using that shortcut, it will start with the library already loaded. ;)

CALL ABSOLUTE is in there. ;)
Come check out [url=http://www.freebasic.net/forum/index.php]FreeBASIC[/url]. The syntax is based on QuickBasic, but it expands to use pointers, operator overloading, etc... The list goes on and on!

~XUS~

Post by ~XUS~ » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:19 pm

Will that pose a problem when I compile? Or will that sub be included and compiled with it? (This question seems familiar. Sorry if I already asked.)
Justly is our impending doom thrust upon us, for mightily did we scar Gaia with our conquest out of laze, and so long coming has been our demise. You have been warned. The anguish is yours. -Aaron-

Dr_Davenstein
QBasic God

Post by Dr_Davenstein » Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:39 am

No. Actually, that '$INCLUDE statement is required for any QB program that uses CALL ABSOLUTE() to run at all. ;)
Come check out [url=http://www.freebasic.net/forum/index.php]FreeBASIC[/url]. The syntax is based on QuickBasic, but it expands to use pointers, operator overloading, etc... The list goes on and on!