Assemblers Post ALU

Please use this Board for QBasic related requests ( file research, programming, etc.)

Moderators:Administrator, Global Moderator

ZONOZ
Assemblers Post ALU

Post by ZONOZ » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:47 pm

All assembly users please post any information regarding resources you may have via the internet. I have used assembly a few times to implement more capabilites into my Qbasic programs. Currently looking for a graphics routine for fast sprite display w/ transparency, also if anyone has the assembly breakdown of GET PUT graphics statments do share please. :) Thanks

I can share assembly with you, just ask.
No coulda,shoulda,woulda
It's : coulda,shoulda, -but could not because I am not free

Valerie

Post by Valerie » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:46 am

I'm not really into Assembly but if you want to see what your coding looks like in Assembly I posted this:
For anyone interested in seeing what their QB program looks like in Assembly. This listing shows the QB statements followed by the Assembly codings:

Compile your .bas listing with the BC.EXE compiler which comes with QB and use the /A option. You have to enter the .lst filename when prompted otherwise the .lst file will not be produced.

e.g. When the default directory holds both bc.exe and your .bas listing enter BC.EXE /A FILENAME.BAS (file suffixes can be omitted, the compiler will use them automatically)

The first prompt is for the name of the .obj file to which you can enter a filename or just hit Enter. The second is for the name of the .lst file. Type your chosen filename here then hit Enter. The .lst file will be created in the default directory and can be listed/printed using a utility such as Type, More, Edit, Notepad, Print etc...
Hope it helps.