need help?

Coding and scripting with FreeBasic, C++, JavaScript etc.

Moderators:Administrator, Global Moderator

comperr
need help?

Post by comperr » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:57 pm

I am interested in help you guys out. I have a large number of programs to submit, have experience with website design and programming.
If you want more info or anything else just respond here.

John_Schofield

Post by John_Schofield » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:04 am

Hi

I need to write a short program which connects to and then listens for data which will be streamed on a tcp/ip port.

The port will be either port 10000 or 10200 on a locally networked computer (lets's say 192.168.1.199)

Does anyone have any experience of setting this sort of program up assuming it's possible in Quickbasic (I use both 4.5 and 7.1)? I also have Powerbasic CC but not really started on programming with that yet but open to suggestions.

For information, the data which will be read will be rfid chips passing over an antenna.

Any help would be appreciated.

John_Schofield

Re: need help?

Post by John_Schofield » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:48 pm

Hi. Sorry but I thought I'd stated QuickBasic or PowerBasic! I have QB4.5 which I use on some older Win98 laptops, and QB64 which I use on some newer ones, so it needs to be portable between either version.

Either way I need to "listen" on a TCP/IP port for streaming data as a chip crosses an antenna - this output data is in a set format in the stream - which then need to slice and dice to import into another program.

I was just interested to see if anyone had experience of this type of interface and whether it could actually be done in one of those two languages. I don't want to start learning anything new in terms of programming languages at my age!