A lot but I need help.

Please use this Board for QBasic related requests ( file research, programming, etc.)

Moderators:Administrator, Global Moderator

A lot but I need help.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 14, 2003 10:47 pm

To whoever can help
Hi!
I have the book qbasic by example and qbasic using sub programs 2nd edition. I have spent almost $90.00 on these
2 books and I still dont have all the info that i need. If anyone has the commands not covered in these 2 books I would realy like the names and there desc. sent to me at dashizit27@hotmail.com. Some of these statements include
commadddr, out, setreg exc. If u can help but want a list from me on what I already have I can send it to you.
also I have been contemplating a simple word processor to implement in a program to track my notebooks labeling each notebooks subject in an entry menu. I ran into a bind when trying to enter the notes. I figure I can label each location to wich I may want to print a variable$ to give the printed data from the INKEY$ a variable to be saved. Each key will need to have a short program that takes into context current cursor location and dosewhat the inkey subscript says. I have it all figured out except moving cursor to a position and trying to type between already existing letters or symbols. Is there a way I can do this, Also what I have come up with is a lot of work. Are there already existing programs that can help me or if anyone has any tips on how to make it shorter. If you want to see what I have put together so far please email me @ dashizit27@hotmail.com. Also I am designing the functions of each Inkey$ and your suggestions on differnt functions would be awsome. I have posted this a couple places now I am really
hopeing someone can help. Book titles and web sites that may help are also appreciated     THANX Shawn Stark

P.S> can I open notepad within certain paramaters in my qb screen and access the functions for opening differnt documents from qbasic also can i remove the menu bar if this will work.

frankiebaby
Global Moderator

Re: A lot but I need help.

Post by frankiebaby » Fri Feb 14, 2003 10:59 pm

some suggestions:

1) use QuickBasic (available from this site)

2) Use it's Help system to answer all questions on all commands. Also, look for uses of them online.

3) A text editor is not hard to create, for one page (screen). multiple pages i have yet to try. I can send you an example in a few hours.