Better QB 4.5 IDE

Please use this Board for QBasic related requests ( file research, programming, etc.)

Moderators:Administrator, Global Moderator

frankiebaby
Global Moderator
Better QB 4.5 IDE

Post by frankiebaby » Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:04 am

Anybody ever wish that the QB 4.5 IDE had syntax highlighting? I do. I have thought about making a code viewer/editor that employed it, (using QB of course) but I would also want to have the built in formatting and active syntax checking that QB has. You know, when you're missing a NEXT or and END IF or such. It would be nice to get a hold of the QB source code and just modify it a little :), but I don't think it's likely.

Would anybody have any interest in an editor like this that i should make one, or does anyone kno of one that already exists? Also, does anyone wanna collaborate on this if I should start making one? My goal (assuming i go ahead with this) is that I make one that looks and act just like the original, expect maybe the interpreter.

Re: Better QB 4.5 IDE

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 12, 2003 3:24 am

>> Anybody ever wish that the QB 4.5 IDE had syntax highlighting?

By 'syntax hi-lite', do you mean something similar to VB?  Where if you type in:

PRINT "Hello, World! " + UserName

it would look something like:

PRINT "Hello, World! " + UserName

Is that what you mean?

>> Would anybody have any interest in an editor like this that i should make one, ...

(personally) I don't have a need for one.(/personally)

You never know what type of interest there maybe.  If you just want to practice your coding skills (and maybe enhance them) OR if you have plenty of time on your hands (and want to keep busy), I'd say go for it.

Then, make it available on this site.

If you need any help ("collaboration") then post your inquires here and we'll see if we can help.  We, all, may even post entire Subs/Funcs.

--MiggyD

frankiebaby
Global Moderator

Post by frankiebaby » Thu Jun 12, 2003 3:36 am

yes, that is what i mean. Mostly b/c i think syntax highlighting would be handy, for debuggin purposes, and also like u said, something to do. Especially b/c just yesterday i dislocated my shoulder skateboarding and will have sum time on my hands.

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:46 am

I know edit for QB with syntax highlight.
Search for SETEDIT.
Very Good.
16 custom colors.