QuickBasic 4.5 to .net conversion

Please use this Board for QBasic related requests ( file research, programming, etc.)

Moderators:Administrator, Global Moderator

richardelsberry
QuickBasic 4.5 to .net conversion

Post by richardelsberry » Wed Jun 19, 2002 9:51 pm

Hello,

I am a Java Developer and have been given the responibility to convert an application our company has recently purchased to a web application.

The application is designed for Pharmacists to assist with drug doseage calculations. There are some pretty complex algorithyms and the code is very fragmented.

I would rather not rewrite into Java or C# if at all possible as that would be very time consuming. Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I can use the existing application? I understand that there are some conversion tools for .net. Is this a possible solution with such an old application. Even some minor rewrites to accomplish this would be better than a total rewrite.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Richard

abidingjungle

basic to java

Post by abidingjungle » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:46 am

I am a Java programmer too. I have some BASIC code that compiles with QuickBasic 4.5, and I would like to know if it is possible to convert the code to C# or Java.

DDastardly71

Post by DDastardly71 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:27 pm

Most numerical algorithms can easily be ported to another language, from Basic to Pascal to Fortran to C or to COBOL. The latter uses english words for its equations but you can easily convert it. The problem begins when one language does not support the syntax or reserved words of the other language. Most of Basic codes can be converted to C except when it comes to pointers. It all depend on what part of the code you are trying to convert. Give specifics on what you want to convert.